Thursday, May 17, 2012

Want to know more about how we got our puppy?

  If you are a Facebook friend of mine, you know by now that we got a new puppy.  Maybe I should use the term "we" a little more lightly.

  As I was trying to explain to a friend how I was not necessarily on board for a new pet, and how it had gotten to the point where I could no longer avoid the issue, she said "Oh, like a freight train."  As I contemplated what she said, I came to the conclusion, that, YES!, very much like a freight train!  Seemingly slowly approaching, even appearing to disappear at times, thenWHAM in your FACE!!!!!!

  It was mothers day and my husband informed me that this was the last Goldendoodle left in the litter, we had to go look at her at least.  I figured I would give them that.  What was I thinking?  It was Mothers day for crying out loud.  If I never have a say another day of the year, this would have been my day to say "Nope, we are not doing that on my day!"  But there's this whole thing about how it was late afternoon, sunshiny, nice, my husband had been so patient with me, and had kept the kids occupied while my mom and I were shopping.  Not to mention the whole selfless be patient thing that Jesus has been helping me work on...so I figured, I owed them at least a look at the puppy.  I think you all know what happened after this.  Oh I did put up a small argument at the place where we picked her up, but I could tell husband was standing some ground on this one.

  I think that my daughter may have been caught a little off guard with the whole "having to get up in the middle of the night" thing.  I even asked her "Did we tell you that you were going to have to be getting up in the middle of the night with the puppy before you got her?"  She said "no".  This child is drag out tired.  By the time 7PM rolls around, her eyes are drooping.  She knows she has to keep the puppy awake (she learned that the hard way) and she does, despite the fact she just wants to relax.  But through all this, I have not heard her complain once.  Emily is not a typical child, she is very giving, and patient, and does what she knows needs to be done...sure she cracks every once and a while and gets fed up like we all do, and yes there is disobedience, but for the most part she never ceases to impress and amaze me.  (I will clarify now that I have two and Emily is not my favorite because I don't have a favorite, it is just her moment to shine :))
  

No comments:

Post a Comment