Monday, May 7, 2012

6th grade science camp vs. Christian Outdoor School

  I will be joining the 6th graders for a little ditty called Christian Outdoor School soon.  This I anticipate will be much like 6th grade science camp.  The only differences...about 15 degrees cooler, and no pool.  Oh and I didn't have the advantage of Christ being the main focus.  

  This is going to be interesting.  I am not a fan of being outside in temperatures below 70 degrees F., I am anticipating my monthly visitor to show up right at the beginning of this little endeavor that does not include in-cabin bathrooms, and I am so worried I am going to forget something essential.  Also being a accustomed to this new gadget generation, I am hoping I will at least be able to connect on my cell phone during the evenings.  Say what you will, think what you will, it's the truth, it's how I feel, and I am admitting it!!!!

  I am leaving my family in the hands of my mom.  She will be picking up and dropping off the children, and staying the night a couple of the nights.  I am blessed by this because I know she will try to help out as much as possible, keeping things picked up, and making sure everyone is comfortable.  It sure is nice not to have to worry.  I just hope she doesn't try to feed Kurt (he is anti vegetarian) ha ha, but she knows this.  I explained to the kids that Grandma would probably want to keep the house up for my return, and would probably be a lot like mom asking them to clean up their messes, and if she does, to please just do what she asks.   I also told them that I would be sure to let her know they do not have to clean their rooms, but if she offers to help them, and they want to do that, then they can.  I also told them she probably won't be doing that.

  I feel like I have a million things to do before I go, and of course this being the last day before I leave, I have an oil change appointment right after work, then pick up the kids, go to piano, then have just a few hours to tidy up and have all ship shape so my mom doesn't have to start off with a pig sty.  

  Do I have time to blog?  Not exactly.  I am doing this while I eat my breakfast.  Not the smartest thing to do, I know.

  I think we are all suffering from the high pollen count today, and there is a chorus of sneezing this morning ;)  

  I hope to come back and tell you all about my adventure.  BTW, I am very excited to share this experience with the sweetest 6th grade girls I know.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment