Monday, August 24, 2009

I knew something was coming, I just didn't know what. How easy it would have been to just keep things the way they were. I mean after all, life was running so smoothly.

We got a call this morning that the offer on the House had been accepted. Oh how I shouted with glee! So excited. My head was spinning, I did not know just what to do.

Rewind to a month before to present. All the time in between I had been thinking about how absolutely perfect my life was. Not stuck to a schedule, lots of summer trips to be had. My husband giving me lots of little breaks...some long. Then the dry spell. The fire I once had was now just a small flame. I felt that I was losing touch with my dear savior. After a long conversation with my spiritual coach, It was clear to me what was happening. I was learning to stand on my own two feet as a Christian. All the "feeling" had escaped me. It was now time to walk by faith. Every morning I have pursued in reading my word, but not with the fervency that I'd previously had. I have been praying for a heart examination. I have been begging the Lord to keep me on a short leash.

I just knew a trial was inevitable. If one reads the bible, and enough devotions, one comes to this conclusion. But yesterday in church, the topic tipped me off. We began the book of Job. A great beginning as when Job finds out his devastating circumstance, he drops to the ground and begins to worship. I am so thankful to Jesus for reminding me of what my knee-jerk reaction should be.

So what exactly is my trial? Well I figured it out today when I had noted the stress level of my Husband going up. All the things we have to get in order. Everyone stresses in different ways. My trial is that by my husband being so stressed will make me feel like I need to take the burden, carry the load. In this I must remain steadfast and not begin to feel un noticed, or under apreciated. I must constantly bear in mind that I LOVE my husband, and that he LOVES me and no matter what we go through together that Jesus LOVES us both. I have to remember not to let our enemy gain in destroying us by pitting us against each other with little nit picks.

In the end I know the move will be successful, and that our house we own now will not be a burden, weather we sell, or rent. In the end we will have a beautiful house with a lot of property, and most importantly my husband will be able to be with and enjoy his family.

I am so thankful for all that God lets cross my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment