Tuesday, September 4, 2012

S.A.D season is coming, here are some tips to help stave off the symptoms



  I have lived in the Pacific NW for about 12 years now, 4 of those years were in Sitka Alaska.  I have learned ways to deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder.  This video points out 3 ways.
1. Light therapy
2. Exercise
3. Socializing
  I can tell you folks that these things do make a difference, but may I add one more?  Of course I can, this is my blog...
4. Read the bible, and pray.
S.A.D. creeps up on me when I least expect it, and it is a battle I face in winter time.  I really do think of it as a trial in my life.  The things I do to keep this disorder at bay are all things that are good for me and in the long run improve my quality of life.
My symptoms of S.A.D include
Headaches
Anxiety
Cravings for refined sugar
Depression
I personally combat all these symptoms with the prescription above, and actually number 4 should be number one...but you all knew I was going to say that.

  I used to really let that stuff get the best of me.  I used to complain about it A LOT.  I used to let it consume me.  I am so glad that it doesn't have that power any more.

Please contact your doctor if you suffer from this disorder, he or she can help you, and if you need medication...I did at one time :)

Take care friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment