Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh those allergies!

Well, I have ignored them enough, my allergies have truly set in. It is a symphony of sneezing, sniffling, and blowing. I mistakenly thought since my allergies did not start up early in the season, that maybe they would be non existent in my new habitat...boy was I wrong.

I was once told by a friend that when the standard OTC allergy medication did not work for her, that her doctor told her to combine with an antacid...I did, and it worked! I am going to have to do that again just for the season. That will mean 1 vitamin 1 HTC 1antacid 1allergy pill OH MY. Also I know antacids are harmful to ones body.

Here's another thing about summer. I live in the Pacific NW where Breast Cancer is more pronounced...why? Well research has lead to lack of Vitamin "D". After reading about this wonderful vitamin that you get mainly from sunshine, that there are many factors that block it's absorption, one of which being sunscreen. The recommendation was for 15 to 20 minutes of direct sunlight on the face and arms 1 to 3 days a week in the summer. I cannot remember how the duration of the exercise. And if you think you will get this wonderful vitamin by driving in the sunshine...think windows down. Yep windows block that all important ray from getting into the skin. The book I got all of this info from is tucked safely away in the library so I cannot reference it. I just popped over to Wikipedia and found some information that you may be interested in that is not included in my blog post.

So point being (I guess) which do you want to avoid Breast Cancer, or Skin Cancer? I know there are other ways you can get vitamin "D" that include, milk, eggs, and certain types of fish, but it takes me back to the antacids, so much of what we eat, smell, touch, and see, hear, and read can be harmful to us. So it is up to each one of us to filter what we think may be harmful. Choose your battles...if you will. So when I am unclear on what may be safe or harmful, I can always take it to my Savior Jesus Christ, and trust that the Holy Spirit will guide me in the right direction. Thank you so much for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment