Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It must be a summer thing



But I feel the urge to blog. Summer is usually a time when I set foot to my sewing machine. This time around I am a little more confident with the articles I create. So far this summer I have created nothing, but just before school got out, I made three aprons (one is above), and two purses. The first one I made using materials I wasn't completely tied to, the second one (above), I used my favorite fabric and it turned out so nice! I have gotten a few compliments on the bag, but the biggest compliments of all are the requests for one of thier own.

Two people have requested a bag. I told them I would be more than happy to do that, but they would have to pay for the materials. I can't wait to get started on the John Deere one! I suppose I could be doing that now as opposed to blogging, but I have had a long and tiresome day.

I also have fabric for two sets of mother daughter aprons, and an apron for a new friend.

Right now I am designing my very own dress, with some help from a book called Built by Wendy Dresses 
I will try to keep you posted on the outcome. Heck, I might even throw in my sketch of what I want the dress to look like.

I have dreams about patterns, and making one of a kind stuff, however my brain just isn't there (yet)...

No comments:

Post a Comment