Saturday, February 1, 2014

The week before my husbands birthday

This week has been filled with excitement (race finish, husbands birthday), and little de-cluttering.   Here is what I have accomplished.
 Finally a home for my scarf collection
 Fancy shoes in boxes at the top, and the basket is holding the scarves.  I grouped my clothes together by color
 More color grouping here.

Even though my clothes are in the spare room at the moment, I am loving the order of things.  
I even busted out my master binder that gives me chores and tasks to accomplish during the week.  I have begun to incorporate a few, such as, emptying the dishwasher in the morning.  This has been such a blessing because there is nothing like coming home from the grocery store an having the ability to get started with dinner right away.  

It is so difficult not to get discouraged and just throw my hands up in the air.  I look at the rooms that I have de-cluttered and then there are messes lying around.  The kids pick them up when I ask, but I miss being able to walk into a room and just see it clean without having to ask someone to put it away.  

The other thing is the garbage situation.  It is like a contest between my husband and I of who can fill up the trash the fastest.  I always say "I will just make a run to the dumps."  Of all the things in my schedule to do, the dumps are out of the way.  

I know, I know, and yes, I would like a little cheese with my whine.  

Next on my agenda is the garage and craft room.  I think once I clear out the garage it will be another monumental task out of the way.  This week was nice also because I did not have any runs scheduled.  It is good to take a week off after a half marathon (for those of us who do not run full marathons).  So, today I head out for 5 miles on the treadmill, then tonight is date night, tomorrow is church and Super Bowl, next week I have several appointments, kid activities, and some client training sessions (which I love), and so it goes. 

This is why I am blogging it out people.  I am sure you can relate.


No comments:

Post a Comment